D3 updating tools stuck at 0 dover street wine bar speed dating
Update - Possible fix for 15544 Update Okay, so I couldn't log in after the 15544 Update. If the progress bar is stuck, try it a few more times.
I had to delete folder one more time, then it started downloading.
I actually have no idea why this fixed it, but this was the only thing I did. I went to bed last night almost ready to give up on this, but i figured i'd try again today and see if Blizz fixed the problem, but it was the same as last night.
Your solution really did work because i can see it downloading now, so thanks alot man! I have been doing this for about an hour, following each step over and over...
This is the only way I've ever been able to get by the "Stuck at 60% Updating Tools" issue. Not sure if they 'fixed' it or if my Windows finally 'just' started to let it work. Running on Vista 64-bit myself, and got into this problem too. and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind...
After being stuck for ages on the "Updating Game Files", I get the Launcher to Combability Mode (Win XP SP2), and did the same for the "Agent.exe" files in Program Data (as described earlier).
This worked for me, I was finally able to log in after 1.5 days of failed attempts. Go to WTF/Find and edit SET gx Api "D3D11" to SET gx Api "D3D9" Start Launcher.
I remember reading something before about some agents or something a while back but can't find the threads and not sure if that's my problem. What I did: Run launcher, it'll stick at 60% Open Task Manager and Kill Open C: Program Data/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.868 Run Agent.
Exe from this folder before it restarts itself in task manager (A DOS window will appear, let it run all the way, it will close itself) Once it finishes, the Launcher will die. Note, I ran Agent.524 first, not sure if that is a pertinent step or not, if it is, insert it before Agent.868. After trying all of the options posted to no avail, I started fiddling with it myself. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world...
Upon reloading the launcher the "unexpected error" occurs. connections to disable but otherwise I've followed all steps.
Whenever I reach 10% on the installer, my desktop refreshes and the previously temp file shortcut to World of Warcraft Beta changes into a file along with my installer stopping. I disabled my firewall, deleted and redownloaded the beta client, restarted and tried again. There is nothing under the internet connections to disable.